Monday, August 22, 2011

Hello Again


Wow, I know I am WAY behind on blogging. Life just happens and I can’t even tell you it was some big event or change in my life. Too much Zumba, reading, and making cake bites probably (although not all at the same time).

My “Things to Check Out This Summer" List

1. “Barton Hollow” by the Civil Wars. Great music if you like harmonizing and acoustic music.

2. “The Help” Movie (and the book if you haven’t read it). Very moving story of civil rights in 1960s Mississippi (see my earlier blog post on the book).

3. “The Closer” final season. I love, love, love Kyra Sedgwick as Brenda Lee Johnson on this show. Very sad that it is the last season, but I’ve heard there is a spinoff in the works.

4. The Waiting Booth by Brinda Berry. A book about a teenage girl with a missing brother and something strange in the woods by her house--are they connected? I read this book in two days!

5. Me becoming a brunette. Very fun and dramatic look with blond streaks...I sound like a L’Oreal commercial.



No comments:

Post a Comment