Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Heart of the House

I am continually amazed when I watch my friends with their children. One does crafts with her kids because she is very creative. Another is in a book club with her oldest daughter. It's like they've attended a class on how to be good and patient mothers. I don't think I could ever be unselfish enough to be a mother and could never handle the discipline part. And even if I could, I'd never have the time.
Of course, the most amazing is my own mother. She is the most thoughtful person I know. She loves to bake for people and has even been known to bake for her friends' parents. She is a true servant in that respect. I admire her love for animals, which I think I've picked up. She is always my strongest advocate. She has the sweetest smile and is one of my best friends.
So, tomorrow on Mother's Day, I hope all my friends who are mothers and my own mother know how much they are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment